Vietnamese caramelized salmon with rice
Donal skin the young innovator of the TV Food Network, popular videobloger, columnist, photographer, author of cookery books and, finally, the famous Irish pop singer- shares with you an original recipe vietnamconghoa dishes.
– 150 g of sugar,
– 100 ml of water,
– 3 large cloves of garlic, finely chop,
– 1 red chilli, finely chop,
– Piece of ginger the size of 7 cm, peel and cut into very thin strips,
– 3 tablespoons fish sauce
– 4 slices of salmon fillet,
– 2 Chinese leaf cabbage (Bok Choy), cut in half,
– 1 small bunch fresh cilantro,
– 1 small bunch green onions, finely chop and put in cold water,
Method of preparation:
1. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add sugar and water (50 ml) and cook for 5 minutes, until a thick brown caramel. The mixture is not stirred during cooking!
3. Add the garlic, chilli, ginger. Mix.
4. Pour the fish sauce and the remaining 50 ml of water. Bring to a boil.
5. Place on a skillet salmon fillet and Chinese cabbage. Let them cook for 6-7 minutes, turning.
6. Remove from heat and place on a plate.
7. Garnish with cilantro and green onions.
8. Serve hot with boiled rice.